Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  11:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feel free to post your thoughts on this possible future feature here.

For anyone wondering what a CSV is, it's just a basic text file format for transferring data (separating each item by carriage return and each item's values by commas) from one place to another. It's supported by every spreadsheet I've ever come across, including Excel.

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  12:23:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

Feel free to post your thoughts on this possible future feature here.

I guess it could be handy if someone wanted to publish a book. It would only be one's own reviews, yeah?

Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  12:59:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would use it if it was available. But Im not in need of it.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  13:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be useful for me, as I'm considering setting up a rival site called FWMR (Four Word MOVIE Review) and naturally I'd steal all my reviews and everyone else's while I was at it.

Either that or I'm considering nothing of the sort and can export them easily enough as it is.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  13:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know what a C.S.V. file is but if as it seems it would be for saving my reviews into an Excel spreadsheet then I would like so long as it included submission date and/or I.D. number. Currently, I can only enter these manually and I can only access the former at all by putting the review in my For your consideration selection.

I'd also like to be able to export pending and rejected reviews (the former would help with knowing what films are left to target in accolades and the latter would be useful for checking ideas already used, since we cannot currently order either category by film title or any other parameter than submission/rejection order respectively), and for all reviews have a record of the number of passes and the any explanation box or rejection-reason history. This would be helpful for knowing what types of reviews are allowed and what are not.
Go to Top of Page

Improper Username 
"inappropriately amused"

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  22:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whether csv export is offered or not, one reason one might want to save one's reviews locally is if there were a rogue MERP who removed pre-existing reviews.

When I first joined FWFR, there were some reviews that I thought were funny that are no longer on the site. Some of them were removed, I think, during the pre-Webbies cleanup of a few years ago.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  22:55:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Improper Username

Whether csv export is offered or not, one reason one might want to save one's reviews locally is if there were a rogue MERP who removed pre-existing reviews.

Slight flaw in this logic is that the MERPs don't actually have the power to remove pre-existing reviews.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  22:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. I have never questioned Benjs ability or the MERPS. Seems funny to me.
Go to Top of Page

Improper Username 
"inappropriately amused"

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  22:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Slight flaw in this logic is that the MERPs don't actually have the power to remove pre-existing reviews.

That is good to know. Thanks. If a review is flagged with the Report link, who determines whether it shall be deleted?
Go to Top of Page

Improper Username 
"inappropriately amused"

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  23:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPa

Are they not human? Do they not, as humans, have bad days occasionally, and occasional 'OH SHIT!' moments? benj knows darn well how much I admire his creation and his achievements as a web developer; he doesn't need me to constantly suck up to him like a silly fangirl.

ETA: As for MERPS, why put any faith into these guys: http://fwiffer.com/fwfrarchive/FILESlist.asp?showmaster=1&THEME=6

Edited by - Improper Username on 30/07/2010 23:04:56
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  23:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Are they not human? Do they not, as humans, have bad days occasionally, and occasional 'OH SHIT!' moments? benj knows darn well how much I admire his creation and his achievements as a web developer; he doesn't need me to constantly suck up to him like a silly fangirl.

Actually, I do. Guess you didn't read the full T&Cs
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  23:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

That is good to know. Thanks. If a review is flagged with the Report link, who determines whether it shall be deleted?

Well, first off, no-one but the owner of a review can *delete* a review. I might decline a review if it's been flagged for my attention and I agree, but if so it will be returned to your decline pile.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  15:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

I'd also like to be able to export pending and rejected reviews (the former would help with knowing what films are left to target in accolades and the latter would be useful for checking ideas already used, since we cannot currently order either category by film title or any other parameter than submission/rejection order respectively), and for all reviews have a record of the number of passes and the any explanation box or rejection-reason history. This would be helpful for knowing what types of reviews are allowed and what are not.

As well as/instead of this, it would be extremely helpful if one could sort pending/declined reviews by film name/number of passes/decline reason/whether or not one has flagged the film.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  15:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow. I have never questioned Benjs ability or the MERPS.

What, so you've never questioned whether "the MERPS [sic] can grasp our concepts" or whether "benj stirred the pot too much", or queried their decisions or criticised duplicates getting through?

Probably best not to take the smug pseudo-moral highground unless you've got a good footing.

I'm sure duh will appreciate your apology.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  04:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've now copied all my pending and declined reviews, and now that I've done it I'm so glad I have. I've integrated it with my list of films that I want to review, and it's so useful to see for each one whether I've ever tried any idea and if so what reviews I've got pending, over quota or rejected for it. I'm just posting this here to endorse that it's useful to export this information, and it would obviously be preferable if it were automated (the lists here have different formats and so it took a while making the dates &c. consistent).
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  04:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think I meant it the way it was taken. Sure...It is known that I question MERPs at some point. Weather they get or understand us. What I meant to say was.....how should I explain this. This is going back to Benj's competency. Benj picked the MERPs. Benj must trust the MERP's. I am sure Benj understands that they are only human. So I was quite sure that Benj had a system in place that would protect our reviews from a rogue MERP. Benj has been doing this for awhile....Im sure he knows the ins and outs. He's not about to make a dumb mistake. Thanx for your concern Salopian.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000