Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

RockGolf 
"1500+ reviews. 1 joke."

Canada

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  16:47:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the CSV idea alot. (It stands for comma separated variables, BTW.) I'd like to be able to gather either my own reviews or all reviews for a film into a table for sorting purpose or whatever. Once it's in Excel format, I can do plenty with it. I'm kind of a whiz at stretching what Excel can do.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  17:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPa

I dont think I meant it the way it was taken. Sure...It is known that I question MERPs at some point. Weather they get or understand us. What I meant to say was.....how should I explain this. This is going back to Benj's competency. Benj picked the MERPs. Benj must trust the MERP's. I am sure Benj understands that they are only human. So I was quite sure that Benj had a system in place that would protect our reviews from a rogue MERP. Benj has been doing this for awhile....Im sure he knows the ins and outs. He's not about to make a dumb mistake.

It was just that duh simply raised the possibility of a rogue MERP (she wasn't commenting on any specific MERP or even the actual sum of MERPing that has happened so far) and your response of "Wow" implied that it was shocking for someone to even dare think of such a thing.

Benj is also only human, so by your own logic his choosing the MERPs is not failsafe. However, apart from the one new MERP, there was no selection process. The MERPs were all the people with at least 500 reviews who wanted to be MERPs.

Edited by - SixFourian on 04/08/2010 17:34:22
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  17:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RockGolf

I'm kind of a whiz at stretching what Excel can do.

Do you know how to include double quotation marks in the output of a cell containing a formula? This is the one thing I'm stuck on at the moment. (I generated all of the Index links in Excel.)
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  17:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

quote:
Originally posted by RockGolf

I'm kind of a whiz at stretching what Excel can do.

Do you know how to include double quotation marks in the output of a cell containing a formula? This is the one thing I'm stuck on at the moment. (I generated all of the Index links in Excel.)

Easy- stick something like this in...

="""" & (1 + 1) & """"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000