Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  19:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by E.L.F

At the risk of appearing a complete numpty,~ it wouldn't be the first time~ how do you find the latest reviews on the new site?
I think the new site is very eye-catching, and when I get used to it will no doubt navigate easily around it, but at the moment I am having a bit of difficulty finding things. Is there a *beginner's guide* somewhere that I've missed?

Apologies for not replying on this sooner E.L.F.

I've just added latest reviews back onto the homepage.

Also, sorry no beginner's guide just yet. Once the site has settled in and I can safely assume nothing drastic will need to change I'll put something together. Meanwhile, post your questions here or email me and I'll get back to you
Go to Top of Page

E.L.F 
"Me, nice Elf, aye."

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  23:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  11:43:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by E.L.F

Thank you!

Long time E.L.F. hope to see you round more often
Go to Top of Page

Larry 
"Larry's time / sat merrily"

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  12:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
benj -

When you were first talking about the new site, do I recall that you said we might be able to move the words within the bubbles to eliminate awkward line splits? (...keeping hyphenated words together on one line and eliminating dangling parentheses within a review?) If so, did that happen, or is it planned?
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  12:24:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry

benj -

When you were first talking about the new site, do I recall that you said we might be able to move the words within the bubbles to eliminate awkward line splits? (...keeping hyphenated words together on one line and eliminating dangling parentheses within a review?) If so, did that happen, or is it planned?

Hmm... don't recall saying that. Not sure how that might work to be honest!

The best I can think to do is to have the layout of the words in your review at point of entry the same (or as close as possible) as how they'll appear when approved and on the site. It's effectively a preview of the review before it's even submitted. I've done this for when you're editing a review but not yet for when initially entering it.

Would that fit the bill do you think or were you thinking of something else?
Go to Top of Page

Larry 

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  13:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:

benj -

Hmm... don't recall saying that. Not sure how that might work to be honest!

The best I can think to do is to have the layout of the words in your review at point of entry the same (or as close as possible) as how they'll appear when approved and on the site. It's effectively a preview of the review before it's even submitted. I've done this for when you're editing a review but not yet for when initially entering it.

Would that fit the bill do you think or were you thinking of something else?

Yes, I guess that's what you said... that, since we'll be entering our submissions within a bubble, we'll be able to get an idea of how it'll look when approved. I think I was interpreting it to mean something more grandiose.
Go to Top of Page

Larry 

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  14:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Right, I *think* diacritics is fixed. It was pretty complex and I may have still missed something so let me know if you spot anything untoward.

I guess this is a diacritic problem: When I searched for the film In & Out, it told me there was no such film.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  14:05:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Right, I *think* diacritics is fixed. It was pretty complex and I may have still missed something so let me know if you spot anything untoward.

I guess this is a diacritic problem: When I searched for the film In & Out, it told me there was no such film.

Actually, that's more likely down to the search not presenly working when you search on more than one word. In the meantime, you should be able to get to it by searching (albeit a little laboriously) on 'In' or 'Out'.

Hope to have this fixed soon and will post here when it is.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 13/03/2012 :  04:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Benj - quick question - how do we flag films now? I can't find any obvious way to do it on a film page. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 13/03/2012 :  08:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

Hey Benj - quick question - how do we flag films now? I can't find any obvious way to do it on a film page. Thanks!

There's currently nothing on the film page itself. The only way at the moment is to click the asterisk icon directly to the left of the film name in film search results.
Go to Top of Page

BiggerBoat 
"Pass me the harpoon"

London, UK

Posted - 13/03/2012 :  17:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Benj

Well this is all jolly nice isn't it?

Was wondering if you're going to do the same thing on the average votes page as before and have an minimum entry number of 50 reviews?

Cheers

BB
Go to Top of Page

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 13/03/2012 :  18:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I apologize if this has already been addressed, but how do you update accolades in the new FWFR? I want to add some more films to a previously created accolade. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 13/03/2012 :  18:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GHcool

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but how do you update accolades in the new FWFR? I want to add some more films to a previously created accolade. Thanks.

No probs... just find the accolade you want to update and then click the translucent Pencil icon in the top right corner of it.

Also, let me know if the edit accolade page makes no sense
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  00:15:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by GHcool

No probs... just find the accolade you want to update and then click the translucent Pencil icon in the top right corner of it.

Also, let me know if the edit accolade page makes no sense

The Additional Films feature seems to work (for manually adding movies).

But... I can't see how to work the Selection Rules stuff. I tried putting names into the "Include Films Involving..." part, the icon starts turning, but then nothing happens (it doesn't pop up with a list of personnel as I'd expect) and no name seems to be added. The "Include Films Named Like..." function doesn't seem to do anything.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  00:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by demonic

There's currently nothing on the film page itself. The only way at the moment is to click the asterisk icon directly to the left of the film name in film search results.

That's okay, but it raises another small problem I've been having. Typing a query into the search box produces a drop down of matching choices but hitting return without selecting anything just brings back a properly titled but blank page rather than a page of results - this applies to what would be even a small return of titles. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000