Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  23:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else finding that they get randomly logged out of the new site? Happens to me constantly. Pity because there is so much more functionality in the new site.

However, until this issue is solved I will have to stick with fwxr because it is annoying to have to constantly log back in.

For greater clarity, what happens is this: I will be logged in and navigating the new site and all of a sudden instead of MY FWFR at the top left of the taskbar I get LOG IN.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  23:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

Is anyone else finding that they get randomly logged out of the new site? Happens to me constantly.

Sorry if I've asked this before, but what browser (and version) are you using? Also, just to be sure... you aren't running any kind of cookie cleaning/ privacy software that might be causing this?
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  23:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:

Is anyone else finding that they get randomly logged out of the new site? Happens to me constantly.

Sorry if I've asked this before, but what browser (and version) are you using? Also, just to be sure... you aren't running any kind of cookie cleaning/ privacy software that might be causing this?

Windows 7, IE 9.

No cookie cleaners etc.

Ironically, I just got logged out as I was trying to send this message.

Edited by - lemmycaution on 03/03/2012 23:55:00
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  03:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seán

b) When I go to edit an accolade (using the grey pencil thing in the top right corner of one of my accolade images) I end up with a blank page, i.e., the top and bottom menu stuff is there but the rest of the page just has the standard 'sandy' background colour.

Fixed.
Go to Top of Page

AC 
"Returning FWFR Old-Timer"

Canada

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  03:32:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi benj, not sure if it's to do with the new site or not, but I just noticed a new Steve Carell movie was added to the db but it didn't show up in my Steve Carell accolade, which auto updates. Not sure if this is a red flag that accolades aren't updating anymore?
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  07:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is anyone else finding that they get randomly logged out of the new site? Happens to me constantly. Pity because there is so much more functionality in the new site.

Yeah this happens to me all the time (a few times per day I find myself logged out). It used to happen occasionally (twice per week or so) with the old site, but far more often with the new site.

I use W7 and Firefox 10.0.2.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  15:03:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartlivie

My problem is that twice, I've tried to add new films, and both times, it doesn't add it, then posts a note saying it hadn't been approved yet.

Did you get any feedback the two times the film failed to add or did the site just do nothing? If you manage to get this happen again, any chance you could email me the exact IMDB URL you're trying to add?

As for the "Film not approved yet" message, that was something I left in that shouldn't have been. (The new site has the potential to require approval of films by MERPs in order to stop non-films being added but this isn't actually enabled at this time- I'd give you all a heads up if this were to change) I've now sorted this so adding a film will take you directly to it as on the old site.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  15:13:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aahaa, muahaha

(a) Forum does not seem to be integrated - asking me to log-in again.

Will be working on this once I've got the main issues (such as site not displaying correctly for some IE8'ers) resolved.

quote:

(b) Among my declined reviews, I no longer see reviews for unadded films. If I have access to those, I could redeem them as reviews for some of the still-existing films.

The new site doesn't presently deal with these- you'll also notice there's nowhere to add films by name and year as previously either. To be honest, these can be a real bugger to deal with and the simple fact is that if the film isn't on IMDB it can't be added (even on the old site) so it's tempting to keep it simple and require an IMDB URL in all cases. Let me know if this sounds far too restrictive though.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  15:15:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by calmer

I have a solitary beef: It is no longer possible to resubmit previously declined reviews from the "Declined Reviews" category.

I decided to check up on this and found out you're correct. Have sorted the problem and you should be able to resubmit a declined review as I previously described now.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  15:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sludge

I can't tell what I see first when logging in, because login results in:

msxml6.dll error '80072ee2'

The operation timed out

/includes/postbuild.asp, line 62

That's what I get for trying to be too clever. Changed over the way the site works yesterday and I suspect you won't be getting these any more, with added bonus of extra fast loading pages now. Double win!
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  15:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPA

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Titan12

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Titan12

I am using firefox. I will try explorer to see if it changes. Explorer works!! I can see all. Firefox must be the problem.

Really weird- I actually developed the new site in Firefox (3.5 right through to 9) and can't see this happen in any of them

I did the screen shot. where do I send it to?

[email protected] should do it, ta'

just sent but came up failure

Indeed, I never got the email. What was the failure message you got? Also, can you dig out the version number for Firefox that you're using?
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  15:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yeah this happens to me all the time (a few times per day I find myself logged out). It used to happen occasionally (twice per week or so) with the old site, but far more often with the new site.

Do you both use the Remember Me option? If so, does it make any difference not using it?
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  16:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Do you both use the Remember Me option? If so, does it make any difference not using it?

I always use Remember Me.

Lengthy session this morning with no probs. Encouraging.

Edited by - lemmycaution on 04/03/2012 16:23:01
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  16:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I always use Remember Me.

Lengthy session this morning with no probs. Encouraging.

Good... but also bad in that it bothers me that this *was* happening at all. On the old site it was the server that remembered who you were (and then forgot because it had to remember too many people at once) but on the new site it's your browser that tells the server who you are so this problem should (theoretically) be a thing of the past.
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  16:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

I don't know how to get the link to the FYC reviews on the new site.

Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean how do you see your FYCs or how do you change them or something else?

I can change them just fine. But we used to have that list of where we were ranked among the reviewers on the left side of our "my fwfr" page. Once we had 5 reviews in our FYC lists, we could then click on our own names on that ranking list which would take us to a page that had just our FYC reviews and our statistics. Then we could use the URL of that page as our link for the FYC. I don't see where I can get to just that page anymore.

Pending benj's reply to the above I believe that you can simply copy and paste the URL from the previous week's post. The URL does not change, just the five considered films.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000