Running of FWTO.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  01:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I will not be able to run FWTO #'s 125, 126, 127 and 128.

I need someone to run it for me, all I need from you, when I get back is the total number of voters for each round and the winners total vote, so that I can keep the winners list up to date with the averages.

Anyone up for it?

Corduroy Pillow 
"All puns intended"

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  14:48:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As someone who enjoys FWTO very much, I feel I should volunteer for this. But I am very bad at math and, because of my work schedule, would not be able to post results at the normal time (likely several hours later). But if players are OK with this, I'll do it .

Cute baby pic, foxy.
Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  18:01:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Second the nomination!

As long as you get results within, say, a day, I'm sure we'd all be very happy. I's better than having no FWTO!

I think you can handle the math... no numbers are larger than 3, so I HOPE you can handle the math!
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  23:50:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I vote for CP!

BTW CP, how many fingers and toes do you have? That should be enough!

I contemplated volunteering, but I already run FWPT and I shudder to think of how I'd sort out which votes went to which competition...
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  07:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go for it, CP! And thanks for filling in.
Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  22:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Corduroy Pillow

As someone who enjoys FWTO very much, I feel I should volunteer for this. But I am very bad at math and, because of my work schedule, would not be able to post results at the normal time (likely several hours later). But if players are OK with this, I'll do it .

Cute baby pic, foxy.

Thanks CP, looks like you're it.
I will update the winners list and stats if possible during my time away, if not, when I get back.
Go to Top of Page

duh 
"catpurrs"

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  08:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Corduroy Pillow
But I am very bad at math and,
Cute baby pic, foxy.

That's what I needed to read after having spent a frustrating couple of hours refining an ASP script that required work with coordinates. I was feeling stoopider and stoopider. I wrote a nifty script for graphically cropping images online with ASPjpeg but was having trouble getting the numbers to come out right.

The principle is very simple: x0/y0 are the upper left of an image and y0/y1 are the lower right.

But I just had to make it hard...until FINALLY I realized that to crop in to make the image height shorter from the bottom, y1 has to be the image height minus a number / to crop the image shorter from the top, y1 has to be 0 PLUS a number.

Several times, I nearly posted here for help with the math/logic from you guys, several of whom I know are very good with math, in addition to Benj who is an accomplished ASP coder.

But I got the problem figgered out...and now I am enjoying reading that CP considers her own math skills to be limited. That makes me feel a whole lot better about my own shortcomings with understanding numbers.

I may not be particularly talented, but I am persistent!

And YES, I second CP's comment about thefoxcub!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000