Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Whippersnapper. 
"A fourword thinking guy."

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  13:03:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you ever get over as far as east London, don't forget to look me up.

Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  14:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Se�n

quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

...5 weeks seeing bits of Australia and New Zealand...
If you want some advice on where to go etc in NZ, let me know. I'm in Nelson, at the top end of the Sth Island. I've never met a fwfrer so if you're going anywhere near here, I'd love to catch up for a pint.

BTW, you do know it's winter down here then, right? Winters are fine here, tend to get settled weather and sunny days, just errrmmm... colder than summers.

WHAT THE...

[2]

SON OF A .... !! !!

Now you're trying to steal my NZ thunder as well, BC?! I was trying to make it down there as well this year for the first ever inter-hemisperic FWFR Convention.

I don't know about going in the winter though... maybe if the price is right on flights we can make it a tri-continental convention as well.
Go to Top of Page

turrell 
"Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh "

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  02:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GHcool

Give me a ring when you get to Los Angeles!

Me too - with enough planning I can occassionally get out for the night!!
Go to Top of Page

Koli 
"Striving lackadaisically for perfection."

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  19:34:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

O.K., I don't want to get into all the political issues, and I know that on news maps they often have the Middle East as a separate area (though the same often goes for the former Soviet Union), but in terms of concrete facts, Israel and Arabia are in the continent of Asia.

I think I have the definitive ruling: Israel competes in the Eurovision Song Contest. I rest my case.
Go to Top of Page

Koli 
"Striving lackadaisically for perfection."

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  19:37:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Whippersnapper

And if you find yourself close to the Far East of Shropshire, you know how to find me.
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  19:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Koli

quote:

O.K., I don't want to get into all the political issues, and I know that on news maps they often have the Middle East as a separate area (though the same often goes for the former Soviet Union), but in terms of concrete facts, Israel and Arabia are in the continent of Asia.

I think I have the definitive ruling: Israel competes in the Eurovision Song Contest. I rest my case.

Yes, this is a bugbear of mine. At least it is not called the European Song Contest (i.e Eurovision is just an organisation), but I would rather it were renamed so as not to have Euro- in it. Similarly if Israel, North African countries or even Russia or Turkey were to join the E.U., then I would like to see it renamed. It's not even ideal that it has that name at the moment, because of Ceuta, Melilla, French Polynesia etc. Sorry for the serious response!
Go to Top of Page

Whippersnapper. 
"A fourword thinking guy."

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  22:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Whippersnapper

And if you find yourself close to the Far East of Shropshire, you know how to find me.

With some of the saddo types that hail from Shropshire, can it really be worth the risk?
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  22:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Suffolk awaits you.
Go to Top of Page

Downtown 
"Welcome back, Billy Buck"

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  03:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Okay, file this one under "May not give a damn"...

After much deliberation and possibly throwing away my job to live the dream, Lisa and myself are putting plans in place to see the world from the start of June to the end of August. The plan is to spend about 6 weeks in Asia, followed by 5 weeks seeing bits of Australia and New Zealand, finishing off with a couple of quick stops in LA and NYC.

Y'know, the Capital of the World and la-la land are great, but America's a great big country with lots to see, about 3000 miles coast to coast covering countless different climates, terrains, and regional cultures. You could borrow one week from each of the other two continents and drive from New York to LA, or you could even start a few miles farther north. You already see NY and LA on all our sitcoms, anyway.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  08:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Downtown
Y'know, the Capital of the World and la-la land are great, but America's a great big country with lots to see, about 3000 miles coast to coast covering countless different climates, terrains, and regional cultures. You could borrow one week from each of the other two continents and drive from New York to LA, or you could even start a few miles farther north. You already see NY and LA on all our sitcoms, anyway.

Yep, that was the original plan, but it was hard enough getting 3 months off work, let alone as long as we'd like to do America properly along with the other places we want to see.

We're thinking of returning to do a proper trip across the US in another holiday. Perhaps when one of us has learnt to drive
Go to Top of Page

Downtown 
"Welcome back, Billy Buck"

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  03:34:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Egad! Well then it's definitely worth waiting, because traveling by car is the best way to see America.
Go to Top of Page

Conan The Westy 
"Father, Faithful Friend, Fwiffer"

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  05:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
We're thinking of returning to do a proper trip across the US in another holiday. Perhaps when one of us has learnt to drive

Why not rollerblade across?
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  07:07:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I'm not sure if I should be proud of this or not (despite our three wins). But we also compete in the Europen Basketball Cup (won 5 times, came second another 6 times). And since 1994 we are full members in UEFA (which stands for Union of European Football Associations), but have had little success there. On the other hand, we did win the Asian Nations Cup record in 1964 for Football, so perhaps we should have stayed in Asia. Go figure!
Go to Top of Page

Shiv 
"What a Wonderful World"

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  00:49:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you go to Australia you cannot miss out on the north (Qld, NT, WA). The Kimberley, WA in particular (). It is the most spectacular place - also the least inhabited and the most balanced in terms of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal (approx 50/50 - but its 85/15 in my neck of the woods). There are lots of Aboriginal run tourist trips in places like One Arm Point on the Dampier Peninsula that allows you to see some of the most untouched coastline in the country.

If you pass through Halls Creek and ask for a white girl called Siobhan who talks a lot and annoys the authorities they'll point you in the right direction!
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  19:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UH. Put Pennsylvania on your list. The place where the American Dream was started!!!!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000