New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  05:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi friends,
I've been trying to replace my "Moonlighting" image (see column to the left) for some time now, but it won't go away. What am I doing wrong? I've only replaced the image twice before, and am not really an expert at it. Here's what I'm doing:
-I hit the "browse" button next to the image on my "My Details" page.
-I double-click on the image I want when I find it.
-The "working" string of colored boxes slowly crawls left to right, and then . . .

I'm right back where I started. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Steps I'm forgetting?

Thanks.

Tori 
"I don't get it...."

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  05:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by redPen

Hi friends,
I've been trying to replace my "Moonlighting" image (see column to the left) for some time now, but it won't go away. What am I doing wrong? I've only replaced the image twice before, and am not really an expert at it. Here's what I'm doing:
-The "working" string of colored boxes slowly crawls left to right, and then . . .

I'm right back where I started. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Steps I'm forgetting?

Thanks.

I've had this problem no less than 1786 times. I'm in Firefox and I found that I needed to go to IE. Also I needed to check the size and refresh my page. I hope this helps. It would be great if we could see what redpen looks like!
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  05:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you remembering to hit the "Okay" button at the bottom of the page? That saves all changes.
Go to Top of Page

bife 
"Winners never quit ... fwfr ... "

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  07:20:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Usual failure reasons are:

Trying to uplaod an image that is too big (limit of 100kb i think)
loading an image that is not the right format (I think only gifs, jpegs and bitmap files are accepted)

Every time I have failed to laod an image, it has been one of these reasons
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  12:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After unsucessfully trying to upload a picture of me I got a window that simply said "Yecch!"
Go to Top of Page

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  13:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tori

quote:
Originally posted by redPen

Hi friends,

Thanks.

I've had this problem no less than 1786 times. I'm in Firefox and I found that I needed to go to IE. Also I needed to check the size and refresh my page. I hope this helps. It would be great if we could see what redpen looks like!

Awwwwwwwwwww, you're just saying that cuz you haven't seen the beast yet! Careful what you wish for, cuz you KNOW I'm already crushin' on ya, and I'm tryin' to fight it, so you can't make with the sweet talk. (Darn husbands anyway! LOL)

Update: And the winner is . . . my gal Tori, with her stupendous suggestion of the "Refresh" button! Kinda like how I feel when I see her self-portraits . . . . whoops, did I type that out loud????

Thanks, everybody. We compu-dunces need all the help we can get!

Edited by - redPen on 05/09/2007 13:21:03
Go to Top of Page

Tori 
"I don't get it...."

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  18:31:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, there's the good lookin guy! It's nice to put a face with a friend. :)
Go to Top of Page

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  23:31:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, you. My then-5-year-old snapped it before I was in full-bright-beam-smile mode, and for some reason, my eyes look like a drunk Picasso painted them on, but it's a fairly honest depiction. Thank God I got to crop out the bod, tho! BWAHAHAHAHA
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  02:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had trouble uploading new avatars ever since I switched from various stills from one of my favorite movies [see my four-word description] to one of Johnny Carson on his passing two years ago.

Since then I have been unable to update, and just so you know, I've taken the advice of innumerable well-meaning fwiffers, to no avail. I think I'm stuck with my lo-tech avatar until I finally buy a new computer.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  03:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randall

I have had trouble uploading new avatars ever since I switched from various stills from one of my favorite movies [see my four-word description] to one of Johnny Carson on his passing two years ago.

Since then I have been unable to update, and just so you know, I've taken the advice of innumerable well-meaning fwiffers, to no avail. I think I'm stuck with my lo-tech avatar until I finally buy a new computer.
Have you tried doing it from another PC?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000