Dark Knight full trailer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tori 
"I don't get it...."

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  23:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone sent this to me...it looks awesome. It is really low quality though, and for some reason it's a little off kilter. Oh well. :)

http://rated-m.blogspot.com/2007/12/dark-knight-full-trailer-leaked.html

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  02:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently, it was a bootleg version and it got removed.

Dang!

The post-or says there's an official one coming out on Sunday.

Thanks anyway Tori!
Go to Top of Page

Tori 
"I don't get it...."

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  07:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
zomg, I'm sorry!

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  10:08:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can't wait another day, it's still here...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35061
Go to Top of Page

Conan The Westy 
"Father, Faithful Friend, Fwiffer"

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  07:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't Ledger look and sound great as The Joker? Can't wait.
Go to Top of Page

Animal Mutha 
"Who would've thunk it?"

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  11:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's posted on youtube now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIR9dAZRR0

I stand by my original statement, I think and hope that Ledger is going to be a revelation in this movie. He looks creepy as f@%k!
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  12:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, now that I could (mostly) see this clip, I am intrigued. So far, I haven't been overly thrilled with the Batman movies. I guess I really loved the camp of the TV series and while they tried to equal that in the earlier films, they only seemed to have partially succeeded, so some of the characters ended up looking stupid compared to those who decided to take their parts seriously (conversely, those who were being serious looked stiff next to those putting on the camp).

Here, however, it seems (at least from this clip) that everyone is on the same page, with the good guys doing an action film and the bad guy being nasty and dark and the type of adversary that a good guy would take seriously. I think I'll want to see this one.

(Is it just me, or does Ledger sound a touch like he's doing an impression of Jack Nicholson in The Shining?)
Go to Top of Page

Ali 
"Those aren't pillows."

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  12:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Here is the official link.

I don't know. Gotham doesn't feel so, erm, gothic in the trailer, which has a Michael Mann-like pastel colour scheme incongruous with the tone of the previous flick. I know that this is the first teaser, but the whole thing feels small. It's an underwhelming trailer, saved only by Ledger's spot-on performance (apart from that cringeworthy cackle at the beginning of the trailer). Note to studios: A viral marketing campaign is only as successful as its nexus (which, in this case, was the teaser).

Still, I am cautiously optimistic.
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  12:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ali
a Michael Mann-like pastel colour scheme

Pastel? Either I'm going colour blind in my old age, or we didn't see the same clip here. That there looks like some of the action takes place during daylight hours and even on days with a touch of sunshine (instead of everything being at night or on days that are filled with black rainclouds, like the earlier films seemed to be) is a welcome change for me. I'm afraid my pupils don't dialate that far open anymore, and maybe I'll be able to see some of this one!
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  12:40:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ali

Here is the official link.

I don't know. Gotham doesn't feel so, erm, gothic in the trailer, which has a Michael Mann-like pastel colour scheme incongruous with the tone of the previous flick. I know that this is the first teaser, but the whole thing feels small. It's an underwhelming trailer, saved only by Ledger's spot-on performance (apart from that cringeworthy cackle at the beginning of the trailer). Note to studios: A viral marketing campaign is only as successful as its nexus (which, in this case, was the teaser).

Still, I am cautiously optimistic.

As far as I'm aware it was only ever Tim Burton that set Batman in a gothic environment- as he is often want to with his films. Perhaps his visuals were so striking that most people have come to assume Batman needs to be gothicly-styled to be true Batman.

Not the case at all.

In terms of a feel for the darker Batman comic books Nolan claims to be basing this on (notably the simply stunningly detailed and darkly twisted 'The Killing Joke') it's looking pretty much spot on.

I can't help feeling the publicity machine may have kicked in a bit too soon on this though. Now the Joker is revealed, I can't see how they're going to keep the interest up for another 6 months
Go to Top of Page

Ali 
"Those aren't pillows."

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  12:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The daylight scenes as well as the dusk ones have a very Manhunter/Heat-like look to them.

I am also well aware of the Batman canon, even though I am not a big fan of the character in his more popular guises. True, the tone feels similar to the late-80's reinvention post Miller's Year One. But that is not what the previous film looked like, which, like The Killing Joke, had an urban-gothic theme, especially the second half.

The central problem seems to be Nolan et al's infatuation with keeping the character(s) as grounded in "our reality" as possible. The thing is, however much one tries, it is still about a weirdo who dresses like a bat. The tone was just right in Batman Begins, one of the greatest superhero films of all time. The filmmakers seem to have taken their obsession with reality just that tiny bit too far, which makes all the difference.

Wait and see, I guess...

Edited by - Ali on 12/18/2007 13:10:24
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  13:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ali

The daylight scenes as well as the dusk ones have a very Manhunter/Heat-like look to them.

I am also well aware of the Batman canon, even though I am not a big fan of the character in his more popular guises. True, the tone feels similar to the late-80's reinvention post Miller's Year One. But that is not what the previous film looked like, which, like The Killing Joke, had an urban-gothic theme, especially the second half.

The central problem seems to be Nolan et al's infatuation with keeping the character(s) as grounded in "our reality" as possible. The thing is, however much one tries, it is still about a weirdo who dresses like a Bat. The tone was just right in Batman Begins, one of the greatest superhero films of all time. The filmmakers seem to have taken their obsession with reality just that tiny bit too far, which makes all the difference.

Wait and see, I guess...

I have to admit I've never seen The Killing Joke as urban-Gothic. Actually, I'm not really sure what urban-Gothic is now I think about it , just hyper-real or a nightmarish delusion (I can see how this parallels the first film, though).

I think I'm going to have to watch the trailer again (this time not in grainy-dodgy-camera-in-cinema-o-vision) but if it really is going the way of Heat, it'll definitely be a trick and a half to pull off as non-laughable.

Perhaps it'll be a film of contrast with Bruce Wayne in the daylight world we know and Batman in the more distorted reality of night?

Come to think of it, outside of the 1960s films, have we ever seen Batman by daylight?
Go to Top of Page

Ali 
"Those aren't pillows."

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  13:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

We haven't, really, and that's the problem. There was a scene in Batman Forever where Batman attends the court session where Harvey Dent gets mutilated, but, apart from that, never. It's a character that just does not work during the day, or even at dusk (or dawn). Whereas the previous film had a lot of oxidised yellow's against black, this one seems to have a pastel blue tones juxtaposed against steel blue ones: kinda like Michael Mann meets Jim Cameron.

Yeah, I am going to watch it again now, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ali 
"Those aren't pillows."

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  14:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit the trailer is growing on me. Y'see, had the WB hype machine been a bit less overzealous, I would have liked it fine, no doubt, the first time I saw it.

Edited by - Ali on 12/18/2007 14:27:53
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  21:47:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this trailer is anything to go by, The Dark Knight is shaping up to be the best film ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHufrsP9XMA
Go to Top of Page

damalc 
"last watched: Sausage Party"

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  23:24:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

[quote][

In terms of a feel for the darker Batman comic books Nolan claims to be basing this on (notably the simply stunningly detailed and darkly twisted 'The Killing Joke') it's looking pretty much spot on.

I can't help feeling the publicity machine may have kicked in a bit too soon on this though. Now the Joker is revealed, I can't see how they're going to keep the interest up for another 6 months

i'm trying to go into this film as cold as possible, so i'll pass on the trailer. i already know more than i want to, after seeing a couple of creepy pics of Heath in makeup.
if they plan on this story following 'The Killing Joke,' parents, see it yourself before taking the kids. but i doubt they'll go that way. TKJ is about a Joker who's been around for a while and wants to make a point about why he is the way he is, not a brand new Joker.
and as far as Batman in the daylight -- no, no, no. the superhero handbook says, criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot. much easier to take advantage of that, and a black costume, in the dark. Parking the batmobile at the curb in front of city hall in broad daylight works for an afterschool tv show only, and not that well then.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000