Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  00:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, very good points. The people should just stop being risk-averse: there is no reason for e.g. the knitting needle suicide at the beginning. And the knock-on effect of all those festering bodies would be severe. The news should say "It's now been three months [or whatever] since the terrible sight of those enforced mass cremations..."
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  11:31:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw it on DVD. There are some unsettling moments in New York at the top, but when Zooey gave this vapid Stepford reading to a ludicrous line that her character would never say, something like "This could be the end of life on earth," at about :30, I gave up hope. Not even Betty Buckley could save it. Unlike the underrated THE VILLAGE, Night's reveal here was top-loaded. There was nowhere for the movie to go.

Congrats to him from a production standpoint, though: the monster's special visual effect required nothing more than a big fan.

I agree with my Brit friends who protest the cut. But take it from me, there was no net effect to the [fairly tame] bits of graphic violence; you would have walked out of the theater feeling exactly the same way about the picture. It's THE BIRDS, only ham-handedly executed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000