Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  02:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silly

I gotta say that I'm a bit bummed that my "Charlize: Angel?" review was declined w/o comment.

That's an excellent review. There's no reason for it to be rejected (unless it's a duplicate, in which case the rejection should state that).
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  22:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it minor. Did when I saw the trailer, did when I saw the poster. And try as I might have to save the biggest spoiler for my actual viewing, it wasn't to be: there was just too much conversation in the culture.

[I remember many years ago, we strove to see THE CRYING GAME in a theater b/c we knew we couldn't survive the pop-talk much more: we knew there was a deep dark secret but we didn't know what it was! Likewise, if there is anyone out there who still doesn't know the secrets of PSYCHO, then God bless you, and see it quickly!]

In contrast, this reveal was a very inconsequential part of a very dumb film, but what dragged me down was the degradation that took up the first :30 or so. "With great power comes great responsibility." That's not a comic premise, as Alan Moore's visceral MIRACLEMAN [in its original UK incarnation, I believe it was MARVELMAN] so clearly showed decades before. If you can fuck up a train, you owe fucking reparations to the train company! For me, the filmmakers didn't manage to pull this problem out of the quagmire long enough for me to laugh at it, so there it goes down the drain, and a non-charming Will Smith didn't help at all.

WARNING!!!!! SPOILER ALERT FOR DUMMIES!!!!! DON'T READ ANY FARTHER IF YOU CAN'T IMAGINE HOW THIS FILM ENDS!!!!!

Then his psyche gets fixed and everything's all right. But I'm still not laughing.
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  01:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randall

if there is anyone out there who still doesn't know the secrets of PSYCHO, then God bless you, and see it quickly!]

I didn't know it at all till about a year ago, but since then I have seen two or three clues here and I think I know what it is, unfortunately.
Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  16:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

quote:
Originally posted by Randall

if there is anyone out there who still doesn't know the secrets of PSYCHO, then God bless you, and see it quickly!]

I didn't know it at all till about a year ago, but since then I have seen two or three clues here and I think I know what it is, unfortunately.

Would you just watch it Sal it's a great movie by any standards!!

You've been talking about how you HAVEN'T seen Psycho yet since you have been on this site (approx.)!!
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  18:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll watch it just as soon as I'm not worried about how to pay the rent.
Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  16:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

I'll watch it just as soon as I'm not worried about how to pay the rent.

I'll send you over the five pounds so you can rent it out and enjoy the trials and tribulations of Marion Crane and her wonderfully 1950's pointy boobs.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000