Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to my fwfr
Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 Film Related
 Films
 Inkheart (fairly inconsequential spoilers)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

turrell 
"Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh "

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  21:36:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a waste of a mostly great cast. The plot holes are massive. Like the main plot for instance, this guy is searching for this ultra-rare book to hopefully bring his wife back to him after 12 years. He searches the whole world over for it - 20 minutes into the movie someone suggests he goes to see the authors who is alive and lives a couple of hours away - so this guy is searching for his wife for 12 years - he is an internationally known restorer of rare books and he doesn't think of going to see the author himself?

Makes you wonder how Jennifer Connelly, Helen Mirren, Jim Broadbent and other good actors got fooled into doing this movie.

I'll save you the spoiler at the end which is the big culmination of the film, but it is equally ridiculous and simple - can't come up with a good ending - we'll just give out a cure-all superpower that easily could have saved me two hours in the theater from the start.

I admit I don't really like fantasy films - usually because they are so complicated and require fanboy devotion to appreciate, but this is the opposite - completely transparent and a waste of time. Th e last time I let my 10-year old niece do the movie picking.

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  11:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Inkheart

Yeah, something was missing, although everyone seemed to be doing their best to jolly it along. The plot holes were indeed very prominent, ironically.

Bedtime Stories is the better of these two films of similar premises.

Edited by - Salopian on 01/30/2009 18:14:38
Go to Top of Page

turrell 
"Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh "

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  17:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My kids really liked bedtime stories which was far more sill and tangible - than Inkheart which was too serious and trying to be the latest great fantasy epic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000