Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

benj clews 
"...."

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  00:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't recall this ever having been discussed before, but even if it has there's no harm in revisiting it I reckon.

So... what's the worst film you can remember watching? I'm not talking about films you hate that everyone else seems to love or something that got loads of praise but you thought sucked. I'm talking about a true stinker of a film in every way possible- bad acting, script, camerawork... the whole shebang. Something with absolutely nothing of merit about it whatsoever.

Personally, I've heard pretty bad things about The Adventures Of Pluto Nash although I can't vouch for that as I've never seen it. The worst that springs to mind initially for me is that ill-fated Tom Green effort Freddy Got Fingered- a truly objectionable and offensive film in just about every way possible.

What about anyone else?

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  00:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quite possibly Eegah!

follow the IMDb link and you can watch it, if you dare.

By the way, Arch Hall Sr., the estimable helmer of this stinker was the Archie in The Last Time I Saw Archie.

Edited by - lemmycaution on 08/01/2010 00:43:40
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  00:52:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bloodmoon

I added this one to fwfr years ago just so I could rate it 0/5. Saw it at the cinema in Australia in 1990. They used a gimmick to pull in the masses; the movie would pause half an hour from the end and anyone who walked out (because they couldn't take any more of the terrifying horror) would receive a refund. I chose to sit it out, and joined the rest of the cinema as the credits rolled up in hissing at this festering pile of garbage. The only movie I've ever seen where the audience hissed.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  00:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Worst Films Ever fourum thread from 2007.
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  01:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MYRA BRECKINRIDGE.

Edited by - randall on 08/01/2010 01:51:24
Go to Top of Page

silly 
"That rabbit's DYNAMITE."

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  03:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One night on my Netflix instant queue the kids and I ran across Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.

Debbie Gibson and Lorenzo Lamas couldn't do much to save this stinker.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  03:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silly

One night on my Netflix instant queue the kids and I ran across Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.

"Elsewhere, the huge shark leaps tens of thousands of feet into the air from the ocean and attacks a commercial aircraft, forcing it to crash into the water."

Go to Top of Page

Improper Username 
"inappropriately amused"

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  06:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dance of The Dwarfs

The novel by Geoffrey Household was quite good. The movie had very little to do with the book and was a real stinker.
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever European"

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  10:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only film I've given 0/5 not out of principle is Dragonheart. (I otherwise just give 0/5 if I totally object to their whole existence, such as films which are pro-Bush, pro-Creationism or deny the human responsibility for global warming, or the absolutely redundant remake Quarantine.) I sat there cringing. However, this was in the days when I saw many fewer films so I suspect that if I saw it again it might creep up to 2/5.

I experience films at the cinema very positively, nearly always finding them a good use of my time and rarely worse than indifferent (2/5). However, these are the films that I have reviewed and given 1/5 (not being able to access the others without going through all my scored films): Barnyard; Beverly Hills Chihuahua; The Bounty Hunter; Deck the Halls; Disaster Movie*; Dragonball Evolution (I also didn't think much of Eragon or The Water Horse, so I guess I won't see How to Train Your Dragon!); First Sunday; Fly Me to the Moon; Hannah Montana: The Movie; Land of the Lost; Meet Dave*; Meet the Spartans*; Race to Witch Mountain; The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause; Son of the Mask; The Unborn*; Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins; The Wolfman. I've asterisked the ones that, looking back, seem especially without merit.

But no, I've just remembered an unreviewed-by-me film that I could not believe it was real, the casting, acting, plot, dialogue and music are so awful: Don't Stop Dreaming. I've read about it on the I.M.D.B. and the production sounds like a total disaster. As someone says on there, it's (far) worse than a school play. Hhmmm, I might have to break my 0/5 rule for that one too.
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  12:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aside from Gladiator, which made me squirm from start to finish (and inspired my now world-famous four word review), I'd say one of the absolutely most cringe worthy films I've ever seen was Earthquake. Now, I realize that special effects back then weren't what they are today, but for heaven's sake, you can actually see the models they used to get these done. And that got an OSCAR, after The Poseidon Adventure two years before was about a billion times better? More importantly, the script was absolutely horrendous, even for a disaster movie!

Another notable piece of crap would be the remake of The Producers. Of course, I have a whole list of remakes that make me gag just thinking of them, but that's could be the subject of a whole different thread, no?

Edited by - ChocolateLady on 08/01/2010 12:55:30
Go to Top of Page

[matt] 
"Cinemattic."

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  14:11:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silly

Now this is interesting... I actually enjoyed watching this film with a couple of friends because we watched it as a comedy. It was so bad (in terms of everything from script to acting to glaring continuity errors) that it was really hilarious!

There are many utterly crap films that should fall into the category of the worst films ever but actually don't, because they're so bad that they're good. One that springs to mind is The Room, which now has a cult following.

My favourite example is the 1993 martial arts film Undefeatable, which features a fight scene so unbelievably awful that I cried with laughter the first dozen times I watched it.

Edited by - [matt] on 08/01/2010 14:15:37
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  20:23:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do believe "Manos: The Hands of Fate" is entirely without merit in every single department and has justifiably been called The Worst Film of all Time on occasion. Yet somehow the sheer car crash awfulness of the script, acting and camerawork make it simultaneously watchable and interminable; a curious problem. But I do believe I'd rather watch it again that "Armageddon" or "Independence Day" or glossy moronic films of their ilk which are just expensive turds dressed up as entertainment.

Other films I've reviewed here and rated a 1 due to a almost overwhelming desire to switch off are "Batman and Robin", "Creep", "Diary of the Dead", "Dreamcatcher", "The Hill Have Eyes 2" remake, "Jaws 3" and "Jaws the Revenge", "Reeker" and "Wizards of the Lost Kingdom".
Go to Top of Page

Sean 

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  01:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by [matt]

the 1993 martial arts film Undefeatable, which features a fight scene so unbelievably awful that I cried with laughter the first dozen times I watched it.

Ahh, seen that many times (the fight scene, not the movie). Best fight scene ever!
Go to Top of Page

[matt] 
"Cinemattic."

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  09:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Haha yeah it totally is. Me and my friends watched it a couple of years ago and have had a running joke of saying "Yeah... SEE YA!" to each other ever since.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Savoir Faire 
"^ Click my name. "

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  20:16:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

I do believe "Manos: The Hands of Fate" is entirely without merit in every single department and has justifiably been called The Worst Film of all Time on occasion.

This gets my vote. Even on the MST3K Joel and the bots had to apologize several times to the viewers, because even with commentary it was unwatchable.

There's many scenes of this movie that are of a painting on a wall for minutes at a time, while characters talk off camera. There's often scene after scene of driving in the wilderness. The camera is out of focus and jerking around a lot, and the camera used to make it could only record 60 seconds at a time.

Also, the music is recycled throughout the movie. Yep.

The focus is around an annoyingvacationing family that gets lost, stay at a hotel with a strange inn keeper, and can't leave.

The only thing that makes another movie have a better shot at being worse, is the fact that the acting isn't as atrocious as it could have been. I base this on the fact that the person playing the Satyr, even though not classically trained, does do some memorable things.

Want to win at Seven Degrees of Kevin Bacon? Name anyone in the film; they never worked again.

Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  20:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"Double Trouble" with Terence Hill and Bud Spencer, the men who brought you "They Call Me Trinity" and "Trinity Is Still My Name".

It's not even on imdb, it's that bad.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000