Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  00:40:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

Okay, I'm finally back at a PC (currently in Auckland) after spending a few days travelling up the north island of NZ via my relatives.

Anyway, after having spent 7 hours in the company of Sean I can safely say he's not half as scary as he looks on that picture and that he knows far more about glaciers, gold prospecting and the local amenities of Nelson than is surely healthy. I'm still in two minds about Sean's argument for the infallibility of the top 250 IMDB films mind, but I'll let that slide until I get home and check it out in more detail. Sadly, the YHA seem to have crippled their PCs and it's next to impossible to do anything approaching usefulness on them so my picture upload will have to wait (not that Sean's expression changes one iota on them mind ).

Tomorrow we fly out to LA and I don't know if any FWFRers will be around between the 11th and 13th, but I'd love to meet up to describe what a tosser Sean is for an impromptu FWFR gathering if possible. Let me know anyway- sorry for the short notice on this

Benj! I'd be glad to meet you. I live in Los Angeles. I'm sending you a PM right now.
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  00:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Sean, I've been properly reminded of benj and Lisa's impending arrival. I've P.M.'d our host-away-from-home, and Sean is P.M.'ing GHCool. I believe turrell is a local as well.

You kids can actually stay at my house if you like (er, benj and Lisa, not GHC and turrell -- they're from L.A., and you know what THAT means) (just kidding).

WE HAVE TO HAVE AN L.A. CONFOURENCE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

turrell 
"Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh "

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  02:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tomorrow we fly out to LA and I don't know if any FWFRers will be around between the 11th and 13th, but I'd love to meet up to describe what a tosser Sean is for an impromptu FWFR gathering if possible. Let me know anyway- sorry for the short notice on this

Just my luck - I moved away from LA two months ago - have a good trip and try Sludge, MGuyX and GHCool among others I'm sure.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  17:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, just wanted to post an update here so everyone doesn't think I've deserted the site or something...

We got back to the UK a couple of weeks back, but it's been nothing but stress since then. Firstly there was the crapness of staying in guest houses (almost as expensive as NY hotels) whilst house hunting. Then I find out my previous place of employment (that I had to 'resign' (no sabaticals allowed there!) from in order to take my world trip) is unlikely to reemploy me as they've been sold off to another software company. Then we find a nice flat to rent, but it turns out not one but both of us need to have a jobs before we can rent it (bit of a catch 22 there- who starts a job with no house to live in?). And now I'm job hunting. Oh, and we haven't got internet or anything in the flat yet.

So that's where I've been basically

Anyway... just wanted to say that Lisa and I would like to thank everyone for their kind hospitality (and then some) whilst we were travelling the world. It made our trip a million times better than I could have imagined getting to know such interesting, knowledgeable (and local) folks as we travelled around (I also hope we didn't outstay our welcome anywhere)

Sean, MGuyX, Lady MGuyX, Little Miss MGuyX, GHCool, Sludge, Randall and Mrs Randall- we really can't thank you all enough and hope this won't be the last time we get to meet you guys. You're all more than welcome to visit the Clews residence (as are any distant fwfr'ers*) any time you may head London-ward

*Subject to at least 24 hours notice and room availability
Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  23:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back.
Just when you are a dole bludger and have all the time in the world to process reviews, no have no internet.

Hope you get a job, place to live & internet soon.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  13:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thefoxboy

Cheers for that

Latest update... we have a flat and I just got a new job- I only started looking yesterday afternoon (I suspect having fwfr on my c.v. helped somewhat, so thanks to everyone for helping me get the job )
Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  13:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by thefoxboy

Cheers for that

Latest update... we have a flat and I just got a new job- I only started looking yesterday afternoon (I suspect having fwfr on my c.v. helped somewhat, so thanks to everyone for helping me get the job )

And I hardly had time to feel sorry for you...well done!!
(and welcome back)

I'm still holding that pint for you when you two come over to 'do' Ireland.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  14:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations benj and Lisa!
Welcome home
Welcome to new home
Welcome to new job

Great to have you back

Go to Top of Page

Rovark 
"Luck-pushing, rule-bending, chance-taking reviewer"

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  17:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Blimey, commiserations and congratulations to you Benj, all in the one post. Sounds like the trip was a wonderful time and I hope the dull thud of landing back to reality is not too hard for yourself or for Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Josh the cat 
"ice wouldn't melt, you'd think ....."

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  20:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome home Benj and Lisa, to your new home and your new jobs.

You are always welcome at the cat's house and you know that.

Josh the cat
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  22:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darned glad you both made it back home safely!
And darned glad you both got a chance to see the world!!

Now if only I can get that darned brake to stop popping off every time I take off that one skate!

It was great having the two of you around stateside for a while.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  00:22:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Excellent news. Glad to have helped your chances with my reviews.

It was great to have the inaugural fwfr confourence in NZ with none other than the boss. Needless to say it was excellent to catch up and you're both most welcome back here any time you want.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000