Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  03:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HSM2 on IMDB
The first High School Musical broke all kinds of records.

This was Disney Channel's most successful movie at its time with 7.7 million viewers in its premiere broadcast in the US. In the UK, the cable premiere received around 835,000 viewers for its first run, making the film the most watched program for the Disney Channel (UK) of 2006.

The kids are back again. The cast is intact. It will premiere in the U.S. on August 17 and the U.K. on Sept 21

The only thing different about this movie Zac Efron will do all his own singing. I think he felt left out from all the touring that the group has been doing the past year. He wants more money.

Will this movie break the previous record? IS this Franchise a hit? There is High School Musical 3 scheduled for 2008 (Haunted High School Musical)

If some of you are reaslly interested in this movie, us Americans will not post any Spoilers.

So what does everyone think? Are you interested in this sequel? Can you do without the hype? Is this just a kids movie.

I can tell you one thing. I loved the High School Musical and so did my daughter. She was almost 2 at the time. We have all the DVD's and CD's...even the concert DVD. THe concert never came around our area.

Edited by - TitanPa on 08/04/2007 03:11:23

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  05:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. I forgot what age group I was talking to
Go to Top of Page

duh 
"catpurrs"

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  06:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPa

Wow. I forgot what age group I was talking to

I haven't seen High School Musical, but I've heard that it is very good.
Go to Top of Page

silly 
"That rabbit's DYNAMITE."

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  15:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My kids are quite excited; even though we were a bit late catching on to the first one.

I have kids that are nine, seven, and four. The four year old is deep in her Barney / Wiggles phase, so anything musical catches her interest. The nine year old is just starting to think about girls as more than "gross" so some of the school stuff he likes. He claims to only like rap music, so the dance / music numbers don't do as much for him; but last night he ran up to me to proclaim that Friday was High School Musical day, with a reverence he usually reserves for Harry Potter movies.

I never knew Tintin could sing, but she's pretty good.
Go to Top of Page

turrell 
"Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh "

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  15:25:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have appeared in both a musical and a high school, yet I have no interest in this sequel or its predecessor.
Go to Top of Page

RockGolf 
"1500+ reviews. 1 joke."

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  17:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know my daughter (12) is hyped. In Canada it took nearly a month between the Disney Channel premier of HSM and the Canadian equivalent Family Channel. (However, Family channel is commercial free.) I like several of the original songs, particularly "Stick To The Status Quo", and will probably be watching the entirely predictable sequel right alongside of her.
Go to Top of Page

MisterBadIdea 
"PLZ GET MILK, KTHXBYE"

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  17:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm kind of curious to see these movies, actually -- this is the first thing that's come off the Disney 'tweener shit factory that's actually gotten popular outside of its little kiddie ghetto. I can't imagine it'll be better than the new Hairspray though.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  18:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 night later the Sing-a-long version will air on Disney. I dont doubt that kids wont learn the words in 2 days.

Im just surprised that this has become very popular and it has nothing to do with animated Disney characters.

Though Disney is trying to cash in on this movie. Hannah Montana will make a cameo apperance in this film. So then Hannah and these kids can exist on the same plane and maybe make more money with a different project.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

Posted - 08/18/2007 :  03:09:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got done watching the movie. They made it a whole premier weekend. I can tell you all, not as good as the first one. Too much of the same kind of music. At least the first movie had a variety of music.

Also I though in sequels that another villian needs to be fought against? Nope same villian. And the Hannah Montana cameo???? I looked for her. Didnt even see her. During the credits I searched for her real actor name. Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter). She was given a bit part. Not evan a bit part. One of the popular stars of Disney was given the credit as 'Girl at the pool' WHats the deal with that??????????? This might have broken the past movies record, just because this time around it was given more hype, but the original was better. Wonder how good Part 3 will be. It was already given the name Haunted High School Musical.
Go to Top of Page

silly 

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  00:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TV Guide reports that it "dances into the record books."

I agree, wasn't as "good" as the first one, the first one (to me) seemed much more entertaining. This one like they were reaching a bit much. I also love TinTin, but somebody needs to teach her a bigger variety of dance moves while she's singing; and what's his name (zac?) with the funny hair color has borrowed a bunch of moves from Michael Jackson, it seems, which of course means both of them will be megastars while I sit around and chat on the internet.

My kids enjoyed it, which is what it was designed to do, so I guess we'll call it a success at my house.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  04:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today a song popped into my head and couldnt get rid of it. I had wondered where it came from since I never was in my head before. THen it dawned on me. HSM3 really must have worked its magic and may have been better than thought. I guess I needed to sit on it a day.
Go to Top of Page

Airbolt 
"teil mann, teil maschine"

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  22:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm aware of the first one as a cultural phenomenon so i tried watching it . It must be an age thing - it just looked like a very average TV school show a la Saved by the Bell. The music numbers were fairly catchy . The lead couple seemed a bit wooden esp the basketball player ( i later heard he doesnt actually sing ). The girl is quite pretty in a fairly "safe" way .

I suppose the time was right for a safe Boy meets girl musical. Nothing that really travels beyond the catchment area which i assume is under tens?
Go to Top of Page

silly 

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  13:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He sings in the second one, which is even more 'saved by the bell'-ish.

It's Disney, it's formula, and it's making millions. Hard to argue with success.
Go to Top of Page

Airbolt 

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  00:09:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silly

He sings in the second one, which is even more 'saved by the bell'-ish.

It's Disney, it's formula, and it's making millions. Hard to argue with success.

Whatever happened to Paul Mark Gosselaar or whatever his name was? Or any of em for that matter ( xcept Elizabeth Berkley - her fate is well known ! )
Go to Top of Page

Airbolt 

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  00:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zac Efron in Rolling Stone " underneath Vanessa Hudgens is a very sexy woman ". Surely not in a Disney film?
Go to Top of Page

Shiv 
"What a Wonderful World"

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  01:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never seen the movies, but heard comments about it being the 'new Grease' and that kind of thing. Having just watched Grease again recently on TV (and I watched it many times when I was younger) I wonder - does HSM deal with sex and other 'teenage' issues as forthrightly as Grease does?

I also watched Saturday Night Fever again recently. That really is a gritty film, and it always amazes me how both these movies get looked back on as if they were 'twee'.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000