Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  07:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

Well, from the promos I've seen, he doesn't look all that young at all. Mind you, he doesn't look as bad as Connery looked in Never Say Never Again but still, he's not looking very young.

Yeah, he's the same age as me. I'd be very happy if I could do a quarter of that stuff

Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  08:55:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, I'm almost sure he didn't do even a quarter of that stuff. Bet his stunt double was exhausted at the end of every day of filming!
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  09:13:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

Actually, I'm almost sure he didn't do even a quarter of that stuff. Bet his stunt double was exhausted at the end of every day of filming!

Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  09:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It was like Speilberg and Lucas had heard about these films about this character in a drunken conversation and then decided to make a sequel.

I did hear a rumour that Lucas kept vetoing scripts that Speilberg and Ford came up with and they ended up with this half hearted attempt.

Vey disappointed.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  12:19:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beanmimo

I did hear a rumour that Lucas kept vetoing scripts that Speilberg and Ford came up with and they ended up with this half hearted attempt.

There's apparently an absolute corker of a script by Frank Darabont written a few years back that Spielberg and Ford loved. Lucas didn't of course (I'm guessing it didn't have enough ruddy aliens). I'd really love to know what that would have been like.
Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  12:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Something to do with the hollow earth theory i believe which was where the nazi's were meant to be storing all their loot at the end of Second world war.....I could go on but this plot i heard was so much better (and it had nazis) it's torture compaired to what I endured last night.
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  13:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a really great idea for tne next script.

Indiana Jones and the Martian Treasures.

It's now 2025 and Harrison Ford as the amazingly still youthful Indiana Jones is going to Mars on a secret mission. See, after discovering rich minerals on Mars back in 2008, there's some nasty descendants of WW2 Nazis who were on one of the mining voyages and they hid a whole bunch of... what? How old? Oh.

(nevermind)
Go to Top of Page

MisterBadIdea 
"PLZ GET MILK, KTHXBYE"

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  14:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, yes, obviously Harrison Ford is and looks old -- oooooooooooold -- but he's unwilling to take old-timer roles, is what I meant.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  15:47:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MisterBadIdea

Well, yes, obviously Harrison Ford is and looks old -- oooooooooooold -- but he's unwilling to take old-timer roles, is what I meant.

Just in case anyone lets you live that long, when you reach the very cool age of 66 you'll find out how very young it really is.

Isn't it time for your bottle, kid?

Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  15:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:

Just in case anyone lets you live that long, when you reach the very cool age of 66 you'll find out how very young it really is.

He hasn't got any wiser judging from this movie.

Edited by - Beanmimo on 05/26/2008 17:27:37
Go to Top of Page

MisterBadIdea 
"PLZ GET MILK, KTHXBYE"

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  17:11:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:

Ha ha! I was wondering how that one would go over.

Well, I'm gonna go watch these downloaded Spongebob episodes.

Edited by - MisterBadIdea on 05/26/2008 17:12:15
Go to Top of Page

RockGolf 
"1500+ reviews. 1 joke."

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  19:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As my wife said, "It was ok, but it was no Iron Man". I did like the opening dissolve (and have submitted a review based on that scene alone!) and kept waiting to hear "dant-dunt-daaaaaaahhhhh!" with a furry creature looking over his shoulder at the camera.

Perhaps the opening dissolve was a metaphor for this film's importance in the series.

Edited by - RockGolf on 05/26/2008 19:53:27
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  23:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remind me of the opening dissolve.. it's all mashed by thoughts of aliens and mushroom clouds.
Go to Top of Page

RockGolf 
"1500+ reviews. 1 joke."

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  00:20:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As in all the Indy movies, we start with the Paramount logo, which then changes to a different object, that includes the basic shape of the mountain represented in the logo. In this case it was a big step down, but I don't want to spoil the review.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  00:40:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they do Indy V, my money's on the Paramount logo dissolving into either a big steaming turd or an immense pile of cash just before it's bulldozed into George Lucas's money vault.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000