Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  09:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have stopped opening a comment with "I thought I'd seen everything" so that won't be happening here. BUT I'm not easily offend and I've rarely written to television networks and the like to complain about advertising content. I did so once back in the early '90s when an underwear ad (perhaps by Calvin Klein) featured a young girl in underwear and an adult male looking at her in a manner I felt was much too leering. The ad was pulled and was never shown again. I'm not egotistic enough to think I was the cause, but the rest of the country joined in agreement with me, according to the letter I received.

I thought the Enzyte Bob ads were hilarious, especially since he and his eternally blissful wife were very cheesy. I am not at all crazy about the ads that run on cable television discussing Extenze, featuring that odd looking girl with the bad contacts and constantly blinking eyes, which, coupled with her cheesy, pasted-on smile, rather convey the message that she's totally uncomfortable with the ad and doesn't believe that the pills help enhance "that certain part of the male body."

I find the newest ad, for the Vibrating Touch, to be even more distasteful. What is it, you might ask? Oh, well. It's for a sex toy. I don't care how you dress it up, what you call it, that you air it at 3 am, how you couch the descriptions (including "cute"), or that it's being sold online by TROJAN, fine purveyors of the ultimate condom, it's a fucking vibrator. And I am offended by my cable company, or AMC network, as it is, thinking I am receptive to having ads for fucking fingertip vibrators broadcast in the midst of my guilty pleasure Sam Elliott-Patrick Swayze hunkfest viewing of Road House. It doesn't make me want to masturbate and I'm not going to be running to the computer to waste $20 on a fucking vibrator. Enough is enough, people!!!

I'm just saying...

Edited by - w22dheartlivie on 08/01/2008 17:34:55

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  10:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
... fingers are free

Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  10:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I might be the only one. That chick with the blinking eyes looks CREEPY! I didn't chalk it up to contact lens discomfort, which may very well be the case. I just thought "What kind of psycho nympho broad with no real interest in 'that certain part of the male body' is this?!" And, by the way, what part are we talking about? The spleen? The testicles? What's getting enlarged here? The heart? If it's what they imply, doesn't everyone know that size doesn't matter (unless you're not hung like a hippo, assuming hippos are hung like horses)?

Oh yeah, I got one of those vibrating touch things. They make my finger feel splendid.

Edited by - MguyX on 08/02/2008 04:51:32
Go to Top of Page

chazbo 
"Outta This Fuckin' Place"

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  16:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, the things I miss because I don't subscribe to cable!

Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  17:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A touching thread.
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  20:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O.K.

I haven't seen the Vibrating Touch commercial, so I thought I'd look it up online. Here's a blurb from the ad (emphasis added):

See what Sexual Health Expert & Certified Sex Educator, Logan Levkoff, has to say about the Trojan� Vibrating Touch�:

�It�s a small finger vibe that is easy to use with a partner or by yourself.�

�Use it anywhere you would use a normal vibrator or massager.�

�Having an orgasm allows us to be fully engaged in sex, feel good about our bodies, feel good about our sexuality, and all of that translates to a better relationship with our partners.�

A recent Berman Center study found a link between vibrator use and overall well being. American women aren�t only using vibrators but they contribute to their health as well.�

�Sexual pleasure isn't just about feeling good, it's essential to our sexual health and thankfully we now have the power to have both at our fingertips.�

The Vibrating Touch� �helps you and your partner add heightened pleasure, together.�
Livie, this is your HEALTH we're talking about! If the people at the Berman Center (right next door to the Smith Foundation, and across the street from the Blank Institute) say it's good for you, well by golly you can bank on it! They found a LINK. A link, livie, a LINK! And thank heaven that "American women . . . contribute to their health as well."

Though, I must confess, I don't quite understand why it's so important to massage only one finger.

Edited by - MguyX on 08/01/2008 20:42:10
Go to Top of Page

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  04:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is important to massage one finger if you have a stationary tracball mouse, because I'm fairly certain one could get carpal finger disease. And I knew you would seek out the ad, MguyX. What man wouldn't?
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  07:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My manliness, once again, confirmed.
Go to Top of Page

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  10:37:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's my good boy.
Go to Top of Page

Airbolt 
"teil mann, teil maschine"

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  22:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adverts have really moved on from "Squeezin the Charmin"

Edited by - Airbolt on 08/02/2008 22:52:57
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  10:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They don't sell these in Israel.

(BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
Go to Top of Page

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  11:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

They don't sell these in Israel.

(BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

This particular product or any of them?
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  11:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I suppose it's better than advertising double-ended butt plugs.
Go to Top of Page

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  16:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Se�n

As my gramma used to say "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  19:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Butt seriously, folks . . . .
Go to Top of Page

Airbolt 
"teil mann, teil maschine"

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  22:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You mean you haven't seen it?

" Why not try a Fitzpatrick Double Butt plug! Hours of fun for you and a chum! "
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000