Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bife 
"Winners never quit ... fwfr ... "

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  12:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After 4 and a half years and nearly 4,500 reviews I finally met another fwfrer (at least, a fwfrer that wasn't also my wife or daughter), and Singapore hosted its first fwfrer convention

Beanmimo, Linda and bife met up at bife's place for a couple of beers (and a nice cup of tea ), although Linda avoided any discussion of fwfr (having abandoned the concept 3 years ago after a grand total of 14 reviews), and she subtley avoided the obligatory commemorative photo now showing on a facebook group near you

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  12:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bife

After 4 and a half years and nearly 4,500 reviews I finally met another fwfrer (at least, a fwfrer that wasn't also my wife or daughter), and Singapore hosted its first fwfrer convention

Beanmimo, Linda and bife met up at bife's place for a couple of beers (and a nice cup of tea ), although Linda avoided any discussion of fwfr (having abandoned the concept 3 years ago after a grand total of 14 reviews), and she subtley avoided the obligatory commemorative photo now showing on a facebook group near you

Well that is way cool! Don't suppose, she asked cheekily, whether you could provide a photo that does't involve joining Facebook. Couldja? Please!
TIA

Go to Top of Page

bife 

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  12:53:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

Well that is way cool! Don't suppose, she asked cheekily, whether you could provide a photo that does't involve joining Facebook. Couldja? Please!
TIA

I just emailed it to you. Does the fwfr gallery that Cheese Ed created still exist?

Anyway, you need to join facebook so that I can beat you at scramble. Are you listening, Conan?

Chocolate Lady's husband was nearly a late addition to the party, but it proved to be too short notice to get it arranged.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  13:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just emailed it to you. Does the fwfr gallery that Cheese Ed created still exist?

Anyway, you need to join facebook so that I can beat you at scramble. Are you listening, Conan?

Got it! Big thanks -- great to see two fwfr cuties side by side

Don't wanna scare you 'bout Facebook, but a pal of mine joined and was cyberstalked for months. I've got enough problems. But I love Scrabble - is that like Scramble? Maybe benj can write an online fwfr version.

Because he obviously doesn't have enough to do!

Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  13:35:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Chocolate Lady's husband was nearly a late addition to the party, but it proved to be too short notice to get it arranged.

Sorry he couldn't make it. Maybe next time he gets sent to Singapore I'll get to go with him.

Edited by - ChocolateLady on 09/10/2008 13:35:55
Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  13:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

TIA

I slapped a copy of the photo here for all to see:
http://fwiffer.com/fwfrhome/FILESview.asp?FILEID=2323

Now quit wasting time at confourences and get back to the Mind Jolt games, bife!
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  14:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, bife & Bean, glad the meeting was a success. FWFR is truly global.

Thanks, Ed for not requiring me to ask my kids to help me find the photo on Facebook.
Go to Top of Page

bife 

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  14:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheese_Ed

Now quit wasting time at confourences and get back to the Mind Jolt games, bife!

I used to enjoy mindjolt, I have 4 or 5 reasonably competitive friends/family playing it and we used to swap turns heading the leaderboards.

Then two obsessed fwfrers joined, took over every high score and pummeled me into the ground. Seriously, either you and foxy spend ALL your waking hours going at a game over and over again, or I am just rubbish

Cheers for putting the photo up, I didn't know the gallery still existed. didn't there used to be a link to it on the site? Maybe benj can add one in

Edit: okey, maybe I'm dumb, maybe just been out of circulation too long. That's the avatar gallery NOT the photo gallery you created for pictures of fwfrers, is it? Does the old gallery still exist?

Edited by - bife on 09/10/2008 14:49:00
Go to Top of Page

bife 

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  14:53:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

Hey, bife & Bean, glad the meeting was a success. FWFR is truly global.

Yeah, it's pretty cool, benj's brainchild has spawned face to face meetings on 3 or 4 continents (is australasia a separate continent?)

All we need now is for one of us to win a major lottery and set up a worldwide conference
Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  17:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I used to enjoy mindjolt, I have 4 or 5 reasonably competitive friends/family playing it and we used to swap turns heading the leaderboards.

Then two obsessed fwfrers joined, took over every high score and pummeled me into the ground. Seriously, either you and foxy spend ALL your waking hours going at a game over and over again, or I am just rubbish

Cheers for putting the photo up, I didn't know the gallery still existed. didn't there used to be a link to it on the site? Maybe benj can add one in

Edit: okey, maybe I'm dumb, maybe just been out of circulation too long. That's the avatar gallery NOT the photo gallery you created for pictures of fwfrers, is it? Does the old gallery still exist?

Don't look at me, I'm only mildly obsessive! I only play games I enjoy or ones that I can have a reasonable chance at a high score at in a short amount of time. Foxy must spend hours on end on one game of easy Turret Pong alone.

The old gallery is no more, but I think I still have all the photos. I could make a new one, I guess.
Go to Top of Page

Whippersnapper. 
"A fourword thinking guy."

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  17:43:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If Bife were to lay on his side he would be really well camouflaged!

Go to Top of Page

Conan The Westy 
"Father, Faithful Friend, Fwiffer"

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  21:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My scores are steadily improving but I need to fix my mouse as it often double clicks so I have to start the word again. (Yeah like that.)
Bife's Whipping Boy
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  22:24:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers to the both of ya!
Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  23:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't look at me, I'm only mildly obsessive! I only play games I enjoy or ones that I can have a reasonable chance at a high score at in a short amount of time. Foxy must spend hours on end on one game of easy Turret Pong alone.
The old gallery is no more, but I think I still have all the photos. I could make a new one, I guess.

That game of Turret Pong went for around 5 hours, with breaks along the way to do some work. I actually gave up and and let it win due to the fact it was time to go home :)
The guy that has the highest all time score for that must have played it for a minimum of 24 hrs.

BTW bife, Happy birthday to Miss Alice :)
She shares a birthday with someone here too.

Edited by - thefoxboy on 09/10/2008 23:47:54
Go to Top of Page

bife 

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  02:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Conan The Westy

scores are steadily improving but I need to fix my mouse as it often double clicks so I have to start the word again. (Yeah like that.)
Bife's Whipping Boy

You can't get even close to winning if you play with the mouse, the speed is far to slow, you have to play with the keyboard

If you want to keep going with the mouse anyway, hitting backspace on the keyboard will delete any double letter you accidently hit

But really, try to use the keyboard. I'm sure Markandlain does, he couldn't beat me so consistently using the mouse

Boy, did this topic ever go off topic
Go to Top of Page

bife 

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  02:09:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thefoxboy

That game of Turret Pong went for around 5 hours, with breaks along the way to do some work. I actually gave up and and let it win due to the fact it was time to go home :)
The guy that has the highest all time score for that must have played it for a minimum of 24 hrs.

You played an early 80's Atari-type arcade game for over 5 hours, but you think that the guy who played it for 24 hours is crazy???

This is why I'll never top any of the leader boards again foxy, you approach the games just like you did fwfr!!!

And happy birthday for yesterday. I wouldn't forget ...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000